- 4 pork chops bone-in
- 1 tsp fine grain salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet (or another oven-proof skillet) over medium-high heat.
- When sizzling, add pork chops and sear on both sides until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 6 minutes.
- In the meantime combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the oven, pour glaze over them, return in the oven and bake for further 4 minutes until caramelized.