- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, or snow peas
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp.
- Pour all but one tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add the snap peas to the skillet along with the salt and pepper. Pan roast the snap peas, tossing frequently to keep them moving until the pods are charred and soft.
- Turn off the heat and add the mint, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss and serve immediately.