- 2 lbs boneless, organic chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot and turn on low heat.
- Place all the remaining ingredients (minus the sesame seeds) in a food processor and whisk together. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Make sure to turn the chicken around so all of the chicken is coated.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and cut into pieces.
- Take the sauce that was in the crockpot and transfer to a small saucepan. Cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Pour over your chicken and sprinkle with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
Ingredients (Coconut Cauliflower Rice):
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2-3 chopped pieces of garlic
- olive oil
- Place your cauliflower in broken up florets into your food processor until it is finely ground into “rice” size.
- In a frying pan, put about a tablespoon of olive oil and then your onions and garlic.
- When they start to cook just a bit, add your cauliflower and your shredded coconut and cook until combined and everything is warm.