- 1 lb assorted mini peppers
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook turkey bacon and chop it into small pieces. Set aside. Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, removing seeds and ribs. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, turkey bacon, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Fill peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes r until ricotta is set and cheese is melted.