- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 8-ounce salmon fillets
- lemon slices, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Place the pecans in the casserole dish and toast the pecans for 3 minutes; mix and toast for another 3-5 minutes or until the pecans smell toasty. Remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 400 °F.
- While the pecans are cooling, place the salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, paprika, and coconut oil in a high-powered blender or a food processor. Once the pecans have cooled, add them and then pulse a few seconds or until the pecans are nicely ground. Don’t overprocess them.
- Grease the casserole dish and place the salmon fillets in there. Divide the pecan mixture in half and pat evenly over the top of each fillet.
- Bake for 14-20 minutes or until the topping has lightly browned and the fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately with fresh lemon slices, if desired.