Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
Paleo Burrito Bowls
- 1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- red pepper flakes, pinch
- 2 cups cooked, shredded pulled pork
- 2 plantains, sliced to 1/2 in
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 tbsp salsa, divided
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- Rice the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add half the cauliflower florets to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse the florets until they are uniformly riced. Scrape out the riced cauliflower into a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower florets.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the avocado oil and heat until it simmers. Add the cauliflower rice and salt. Saute, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add the lime juice and saute 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in the lime zest and minced cilantro.
- Wipe out the skillet, return it to medium-high heat, and add one tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the pulled pork to the pan, then pour the citrus juice mixed with the spices over the pork. Allow the pork to sear undisturbed until it’s crispy and all of the liquid has been absorbed, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and divide the pork between the burrito bowls.
- While the pork is cooking, heat a second skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining 2 tbsp avocado oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the skillet in an even layer. Heat until the oil simmers. Working in batches, add the plantain slices in a single layer and fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Flip and fry on the other side until golden brown, an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove the plantain slices and set them onto a paper towel lined plate, and sprinkle with salt.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, then toss to coat in the remaining fat. Saute and stir occasionally, until the onion is soft and the edges start to brown, 7 minutes. Add the bell pepper to the pan and saute, stirring occasionally until the peppers are slightly charred.
- Place 1/4 of onions and peppers into each burrito bowl on top of the lettuce and cauliflower rice.
- Finish each burrito bowl with 1/4 of the plantains, half a diced avocado, and 2 tbsp salsa.