Lemon Basil Dressing:
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 leaves large fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove small garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped, or kale of choice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the kale to a serving bowl and drizzle in the desired amount of dressing. Toss well to coat, and allow kale to sit at least 10 minutes to let the acidity from the lemon soften some of the fibrousness of the kale.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the salad to the serving bowl and toss everything together. Serve alongside your favorite entree, or add grilled chicken to make a meal of it.
- Add cheese (such as goat or feta) if desired.