- 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into two-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp Mexican Seasoning (or taco seasoning or chili powder)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 2 oranges
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Put the pork chunks in the Instant Pot and toss them with the Mexican seasoning, salt, and few grinds of black pepper.
- Combine the citrus juices in a liquid measuring cup, then add enough water to reach the one cup line. Pour the liquid into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to sealed. Press manual and adjust the time to 50 minutes. The instant pot will automatically begin cooking and will start counting down from 50 minutes once high pressure is reached. Once the cooking time is over, press “keep warm/cancel” and let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove the lid and push the saute button. Use two forks to roughly shred the meat while it’s in the pot. Let the liquid bubble away until it’s almost gone, stirring occasionally; this will take 20-30 minutes. When there’s almost no liquid left, stir in the ghee. Continue to cook until the pork is browned in spots, about 5 minutes more. Press “keep warm/cancel” to turn the Instant Pot off. Serve with hot rice or cauliflower rice, lime slices, and avocado.
*To make these in a slow cooker, omit the water in step 2. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove the meat and shred with two forks. Spread the meat out on a foil-lined baking sheet and moisten with a little of the cooking liquid. Broil for about 5 minutes, until browned to your liking.