- 4 cups leftover roast chicken, shredded and skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Place the carrots and sweet potato in the saucepan and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken and cook until warm.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and season to taste.
- Serve the soup with fresh chives sprinkled on top.