1. How long have you been at B-Fit and how did you hear about it?
I have been at B-Fit since January 5, 2019, when Beverly agreed to take me as a one-on-one client. I sent a message to all the gyms in E-town looking for a personal trainer that had experience with working with hip replacement patients, and Beverly was the only one that answered the message.
2. You had hip replacement surgery. How did that come about and how long was recovery for you?
I have had both hips replaced. The first hip replacement was on July 5, 2017 after two Labrum repairs and a third tear. The second hip replacement was October 1, 2018. Recovery was shorter. I went back to work after two weeks with both surgeries and was released from PT after 2 months.
3. How has it been now that you can run again?
When I started with B-Fit, my goal was to get back to doing the thing that I love, RUNNING. It was not easy but after 6 months on my second hip replacement, Beverly let me run on the treadmill and it was fabulous. I am now up to 5 miles and a 10-minute mile pace.
4. What have you learned at B-Fit to help with your health and nutritional goals?
First, I have learned to love the gym. Second I have learned that you have to strengthen to run after hip replacements. I have significantly lowered my sugar intake and started intermediate fasting and it has helped a lot. In addition, it has helped with my swelling.
5. What are your current and future nutrition/exercise goals?
My exercise goal is to run a 10k. Future goals I would say would be to get stronger. My nutrition goal is to get off of the sugar.
6. What would you tell others about the training and community atmosphere at B-Fit?
It is fabulous. I wasn’t a believer at first and almost walked away. But Bev and Bob are great. All the people are great. I look forward to it when I miss a day, even though I prefer to be a runner.
I would tell anyone that has had a hip replacement or any surgery to really give them a call and get started!!
7. What is your favorite and least favorite exercise?
I LOVE the versa climber!! My least favorite is the bike!