Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 c carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 c radishes, julienned or grated
- 1/2 c roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c scallions, chopped
- 1/4 c dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/3 c sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp water more to preference
Chop a head of broccoli into florets, then chop the florets into small pieces.
Chop a head of cauliflower into florets, then chop the florets into dime-sized pieces.
Prepare the carrots and radishes, then chop the scallions and cherries.
Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets to a large bowl, along with the grated carrots and radishes, sunflower seeds, chopped scallions, and dried fruit. Toss to combine.
In the bowl of a food processor, add the sunflower seed butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pulse several times to incorporate the ingredients. The sauce will still be very thick. Flip the motor to continuous and pour water, 1 tablespoon at a time, through the feed tube until the sauce thins and is completely smooth and emulsified. Taste for seasoning, and adjust salt, pepper, or acid as needed.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or transfer to the fridge to chill.