- 4 (8-oz.) sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 2 cups frozen steam-in-bag broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Rub sweet potatoes with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; pierce several times with a fork. Microwave at HIGH 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and red bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and ground red pepper. Add beef; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Heat broccoli according to package directions; stir into beef mixture. Partially split potatoes lengthwise; fluff the flesh with a fork. Top potatoes evenly with beef mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and green onions.