- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup good quality broth
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, for garnish
- green onions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place short ribs at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and pour over top of ribs. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours, turning the ribs once for more even cooking.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker and set aside to cool. Skim fat from top of the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a small pot on the stovetop. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil.
- Using your fingers, pull the meat off of the bones and shred into small chunks. Pour the desired amount of sauce over top and stir to evenly coat.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.