- 3/4 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place acorn squash cut-side down onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your acorn squash is soft when you press on the skin. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While your acorn squash is cooking, add a tablespoon of some kind of fat to a large pan over medium heat, then add your minced garlic and diced onion. Stir around to keep from burning. Once your onions become translucent, add your breakfast sausage to the pan.
- Cook down, breaking up the breakfast sausage as it cooks. Once the breakfast sausage is almost all the way cooked through, turn your heat to low and add to the inside of your acorn squash. Do this by using a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving just the skin of the acorn squash. Be careful not to tear the skin!
- Mix the acorn squash and the breakfast sausage together then add it back to your acorn squash skin
- Once both of your acorn squash halves are full, press into the middle with a spoon to breakfast a little resting spot for your egg.
- Crack an egg on top.
- Place back in the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes or until egg-cooked preference.