- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 oz soyrizo
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base (Can get at Whole Foods)
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- cilantro, lime juice, peppers, tortilla chips for topping
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, and taco seasoning to the pot and saute until onions become tender.
- Add soyrizo and garlic to the pot and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, beans, and salsa to the pot. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with optional toppings.